Pilot-RC 67in (1.7m) Laser
That's right! Another new size of our popular Laser, this time for 20cc engines or electric power!
Fully designed from the ground up for out and out performance, keeping in line with current demand for faster, more aggressive and more agile models, while still keeping the well know great flying characteristics Pilot-RC models are known for.
You really need to see the videos of this model in action to understand its capability. In this case, its not a question of if the plane is quick enough, its whether you can keep up!
|Wing area:||907sq in (5,850sq cm)|
- NEW! Hybrid construction from wood and composite materials for specially reinforced fuselage and wings.
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for wings.
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for canopy. Especially useful for electric version, fast battery change!
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for SFG.
- Strong yet light weight design, specially developed for precision acrobatic and extreme 3D flying
- Highly prefabricated, experienced builders can have air ready in under a day
- Removable wings
- Laser engraved motor mounting position
- Designed for both 20cc engine or electric motor
- Internally mounted cowling – so no external screws exposed
- Included servo extension wires and wing bags
- Complete air frame with all basic accessories (such as carbon fibre main undercarriage, tail-gear assembly and wing-tube as well as fiberglass control horns and wheel pants)
- Included wing bags
- Hinges ready to be installed and pre-mounted canopy
- Fuel tank and fuel tubing pre-prepared, fuel dot and breather valve
- Wheels, axels and wheel pants
- Pre-prepared pull-pull wires and pushrods with ball links
- Included spinner
Motor: 20cc or equivalent electric
*Please note that the setup of this plane accepts both electric or gas engine, however in order to use gas engine, firewall and engine box must be reinforced.
Servos: 4 high torque plus throttle // Uses x1 per aileron, x1 for the elevator and x1 on rudder
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, propeller, batteries, powerbox, extension leads and possibly other small accessories.
Pilot-RC recommended hardware:
- Servos: TBC
- Servo arms: Pilot-Rc 1.2in Aluminium arms
- Electric motor combo: Pilot-RC Power Pack for 67in plane (3D acrobatic)
- Electric motor & servos combo: Pilot-RC Power Pack for 67in plane with servos (3D acrobatic)
Setup used in this video:
- Motor: Pilot-RC CC20/400kv (Dualsky GA2000)
- ESC: Dualsky 130A HV
- Battery: 6S 4.200mAh
Schemes List and Replacement Covering Numbers
|Our Order Code||Colour Scheme No||Oracover Covering No||Ultracote Covering No|
|PIL648||Laser 01 (Red/Black/White)||21-010
|PIL649||Laser 05 (Black/Yellow/White)||21-010
|PIL650||Laser 06 (Blue/Yellow/White)||21-010
A: 222mm – B: 222mm – C: 228mm – D: 232mm
Exhaust Tunnel Size
Due to the open tunnel design in the Laser, there is no backplate (measurement C) so there is no limit to the length of exhaust that can be used.
Rudder Horns and Pull Pull Location
B: 52mm – C: 34mm – D: n/a – E: n/a
Servo Extension Lengths
- Throttle: No extension required
- Each aileron: 25cm (to reach receiver direct)
- Each elevator: 80cm
- Rudder: Pull pull, no extension required, Direct drive, 80cm
Centre of Gravity
142mm - Measured back from leading edge of the wing at the fuselage.
You will find a laser engraved C.G. emblem on the inside of the fuselage, located close to the wing tube, which also shows the exact location for Center of Gravity.