Pilot-RC 74in (1.88m) Edge 540
The Edge 540 is well known for being one of the most aggressive full size aircraft ever made.
It this latest reincarnation, Pilot-RC takes our already popular Edge 540 and Edge 540 V3 designs for the ultimate Edge, both in design and performance.
Adopting all the latest carbon infused build designs, Pilot-RC's patented quick release systems and all the experience and know how from all our latest showstoppers, this new Edge is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
|Wing area:||1,033sq in (6,667sq cm)|
- NEW! Hybrid construction from wood and composite materials for specially reinforced fuselage and wings.
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for wings and SFG.
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for canopy. Especially useful for electric version, fast battery change!
- Genuine German Oracover (Ultracote) covering
- Highly prefabricated, experienced builders can have air ready in under a day
- Pre-installed hinges (glued and pinned)
- Easy canister installation due to open construction
- Removable wings and stabiliser
- Laser engraved motor mounting position
- Pull-Pull system for Rudder servo
- Cowl fits both gasoline and electric motors
- Complete air frame with all basic accessories (such as carbon fibre main undercarriage, tail-gear assembly and wing-tubes as well as fibreglass control horns and wheel pants)
- Pre-installed hinges and pre-mounted canopy
- Fuel tank and fuel tubing pre-prepared, fuel dot and breather valve
- Wheels, axels and wheel pants
- Pre-prepared pushrods with ball links
- Matching carbon spinner
Motor: 30-40cc or equivalent electric
Servos: 5 high torque plus throttle // Uses x1 per aileron, x1 per elevator half and x1 on rudder
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, propeller, batteries, powerbox, extension leads and possibly other small accessories.
- Servos: TBC
- Servo arms: Pilot-Rc 1.6in Aluminium arms
- Wingbags: Pilot-RC Wingbags
Components used in the video: GS 270KV motor, Battery 5.000mAh 6S, Prop 21*10 wood
Schemes List and Replacement Covering Numbers
|Our Order Code||Colour Scheme No||Oracover Covering No||Ultracote Covering No|
|PIL651||540 01 (Red/White)||21-060
|PIL652||540 02 (Yellow/Blue)||21-050
A: 239mm – B: 230mm – C: 228mm – D: 235mm
Exhaust Tunnel Size
A: 213mm – B: 85mm – C: 213mm – D: 86mm – E: 129mm
Rudder Horns and Pull Pull Location
Servo Extension Lengths
- Throttle: No extension required
- Each aileron: 10cm (to reach receiver direct)
- Each elevator: 90cm
- Rudder: No extension required
Centre of Gravity
139mm - Measured back from leading edge of the wing at the fuselage.
You will find a laser engraved C.G. emblem on the inside of the fuselage, located close to the wing tube, which also shows the exact location for Center of Gravity.